June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police: Alleged UNH assault was not random
DURHAM - An alleged assault at the University of New Hampshire on Wednesday night was not random, according to police.
A campus-wide alert was issued after a student reported that two men had allegedly assaulted him in a parking lot around 9:15 p.m. on Wednesday and tried to take his backpack. The student suffered only minor injuries and did not require medical treatment.
Police said in the course of the investigation they learned the male student knew the alleged assailants, who are not UNH students. Police also said there is no cause for concern about further attacks.
UNH police are still investigating the nature of the relationship between the alleged victim and the two alleged assailants.
"The safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and campus visitors is our number one priority," UNH Police Chief Paul Dean said. "As we uncovered information, we felt it was important to let the community know this was not a random incident. While people should always be aware of their surroundings and take safety precautions, there is no cause for alarm."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 5
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 8
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424