Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester lawyer faces child porn charges
Lisa Biron, 43, of Manchester was arrested by the FBI on Friday afternoon on a seven-count indictment alleging sexual exploitation of children and possession of child pornography.
The Manchester lawyer arrested in October for allegedly possessing child pornography was indicted on new federal charges this week for driving a teenage girl to Ontario, Canada, where she was recorded having sexual relations with another person, prosecutors said.
Biron was ordered held without bail following her arraignment before Magistrate Judge Landya McCafferty in U.S. District Court, according to U.S. Attorney John Kacavas.
A grand jury handed down the indictment on Wednesday, but prosecutors asked to keep the charges under seal until Biron was arrested and brought to the federal courthouse on Friday afternoon.
Police began investigating Biron, a Manchester lawyer since 2008, on Sept. 29 after receiving a tip that there was child pornography on her computer. She was arrested at her home - located at 42 Pratt Court in Manchester - on Oct. 9 on seven counts of possession of child sex abuse images.
But the FBI apparently continued investigating the origin of the digital videos and photos allegedly found on Biron's laptop.
Federal prosecutors say that Biron transported the girl on May 25 from New Hampshire to Ontario, Canada, and coerced her into performing sexual acts with another person so that they could be recorded.
The four digital videos and a digital photograph were made over a four day period between May 25 and May 28, according to prosecutors.
Indictments say the pornography was found Sept. 29 on Biron's laptop. Biron is facing charges of possession of child pornography, transportation with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, and four counts of sexual exploitation of children.
On Friday, it was unclear whether Biron would still face state charges that led to her initial arrest. The FBI, Customs and Border Patrol, and Immigrations and Customs Enforcement investigated the case with the help of Manchester police.
Biron is scheduled for trial in U.S. District Court on the week of Jan. 8, 2013.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Guilty plea brings closure for family of store clerk who suffered heart attack after theft - 0
- Police pursuit begins in Plaistow, ends at Kingston police station - 0
- Judge orders Londonderry man to begin serving jail sentence for growing pot - 0
- Woman accused of fleeing with daughter to be arraigned Thursday - 0
- Woman found in Mass. home with dead babies charged with murder - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man wants bail conditions modified so he can go home - 0
- Exeter woman faces arson charge for allegedly setting her own home ablaze - 1
- Keene police arrest two alleged embezzlers - 0
- Plaistow police urge public to keep cars locked - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 0
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 0
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- Rinne wins duel with Rask as Predators edge Bruins - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483