Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Ferdinand the bull returned to owners
HILLSBOROUGH - Though no one's quite sure where he wandered off to, Ferdinand the Big Blue Bull is back and preparing to take his place outside the Winter Hill Farm store again.
Sometime over the last two weeks the 200 pound blue plastic bull disappeared from in front of the farm store, according to owner Amy Scott.
The bull became part of the fledgling business after being discovered at an antiques show in Brimfield, Mass. last year. It was brought home, painted blue, and immediately starting attracting passers-by to the antique barn where Scott and her family sell homemade ice cream, beef and other items produced on their Winter Hill Farm in Henniker.
Earlier this week, when her husband stopped in to restock the freezer, he discovered that Ferdinand was missing.
Police began investigating the missing bull case and put out an alert to the media that Ferdinand was running loose and the story made the headlines. Then on Wednesday night, according to Hillsborough Police, a resident reported that he saw the bull in an undeveloped lot off of Beard Road in Hillsborough. Scott said she got the call that Ferdinand was safe on Thursday morning and she and her husband went to pick him up.
"We were thrilled," she said. "I think it could have been all the publicity that did the trick."
Some of the high schoolers who work for Scott told her that they'd heard rumors about a couple of guys taking the bull as a prank, she said, "but when we started getting all this publicity, they probably panicked and left him in the sandpit."
Ferdinand is a bit worse for wear from his wandering, but nothing a bit of blue paint can't fix, and he's already wearing his Santa hat to get ready for the holidays. Scott said she's not upset about Ferdinand's disappearance, but is concerned a cow may show up later with a calf or two in tow.
In the meantime, Ferdinand is safely locked away inside the store and won't be coming out again, Scott said, "Until he's got a pair of concrete boots on his feet."
Though Ferdinand and the Scotts have been reunited, Hillsborough police are still investigating.
"At this time there are still no suspects in this kidnapping case and we are still looking to speak with anyone that has information about who the culprits are," said police in a written statement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 1
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 17
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
- Two Manchester brothers indicted in Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 4
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 3
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 9
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483