Home » News » Public Safety
Construction worker shocked by live wire at mill building
NASHUA - A worker at the historic Franklin Mill Building was shocked by a live wire during demolition work Friday morning, and was transported to Massachusetts General Hospital with serious, but non-life threatening burns.
According to Lt. Frank Sullivan of the Nashua police, the call came in around 11 a.m.
"It's an industrial accident," he said, "Contractors were working in a vacant building doing some light demolition and removing non-permanent or structural items from the building, and inadvertently cut a live wire."
"He's conscious and breathing and his injuries, although serious, are not life threatening. He was transported to a local hospital but then sent to Boston because he sustained a burn to his hands."
Sullivan said the man is 35 years old, but would not provide his name or place of residence.
"The main thing is that he's going to be OK. He's listed as being in stable condition right now."
The historic building, which was once the center of one of the city's largest employers, Nashua Corp,, is now owned by a New York investment firm. The building is currently being gutted, though plans for its usage are yet to be determined.
The accident is under investigation by the police and fire departments, as well as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief