Home » News » Public Safety
Fire reignites, destroying Franklin home
FRANKLIN - A basement fire that had been put out by firefighters early Thursday reignited and destroyed the building later in the day, according to fire department officials.
Fire was first reported at 308 Salisbury Road shortly after 9 a.m., according to Master Firefighter Greg Stetson. The fire was declared under control and firefighters had left the scene, but another fire at the house was reported at around 4 p.m.
Firefighters found the building fully involved in flames when they arrived, and called for a second alarm, bringing fire crews from the city, Tilton-Northfield, Salisbury, Belmont, Boscawen, Sanbornton, Gilford, Laconia and Penacook.
A total of 55 firefighters fought the flames, Stetson said.
"Due to the large volume of fire and the structural instability of the home, the fire was fought from the outside and took several hours to extinguish," Stetson said in a press release.
No one was inside the home when crews arrived and no one was injured. The cause and area of origin are still under investigation. Franklin police and the state Fire Marshal's Office will assist with the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072