Home » News » Public Safety
Fire reignites, destroying Franklin home
FRANKLIN - A basement fire that had been put out by firefighters early Thursday reignited and destroyed the building later in the day, according to fire department officials.
Fire was first reported at 308 Salisbury Road shortly after 9 a.m., according to Master Firefighter Greg Stetson. The fire was declared under control and firefighters had left the scene, but another fire at the house was reported at around 4 p.m.
Firefighters found the building fully involved in flames when they arrived, and called for a second alarm, bringing fire crews from the city, Tilton-Northfield, Salisbury, Belmont, Boscawen, Sanbornton, Gilford, Laconia and Penacook.
A total of 55 firefighters fought the flames, Stetson said.
"Due to the large volume of fire and the structural instability of the home, the fire was fought from the outside and took several hours to extinguish," Stetson said in a press release.
No one was inside the home when crews arrived and no one was injured. The cause and area of origin are still under investigation. Franklin police and the state Fire Marshal's Office will assist with the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday