Home » News » Public Safety
Man flown to Maine hospital
The passenger of this Toyota Scion, which was involved in a head-on crash on Route 125 in Rochester, was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine Thursday afternoon. (John Quinn/Union Leader Correspondent)
ROCHESTER - Police wouldn't release the identity and condition of the man who was flown to a Maine hospital on Thursday after he was seriously injured in a head-on crash on Route 125.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:18 p.m. after a northbound Ford E-150 van, driven by Glen Snow, 60, of Lewiston, Maine, crossed the center line and struck a southbound Toyota Scion, driven by Mallory Marcheterre, 20, of Rochester, near the Aroma Joe's coffee shop on Milton Road-Route 125.
After firefighters extricated Marcheterre and her passenger, who remains unidentified, all three occupants were transported Frisbie Memorial Hospital. The passenger was later flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine via Life Flight.
Police could not be reached for comment about the accident Friday.
While police continue to investigate the accident, Snow was issued a summons for a yellow line violation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax