Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Dartmouth tops Princeton to finish with winning slate
Dartmouth took charge following intermission, scoring three touchdowns during the opening six minutes of the third quarter, to defeat host Princeton, 35-21, Saturday afternoon and claim the Governor's Trophy and Sawhorse Dollar for the third straight season from its Ivy League rival.
Freshman Dalyn Williams threw for three touchdowns and rushed for another helping Dartmouth (6-4, 4-3 Ivy) finish tied for third in the conference with Princeton (5-5, 4-3) and Brown. The win was the Big Green's sixth straight on the road. The streak dates back to last season.
Williams ran for 82 yards and went 20-of-35 for 284 yards, completing his freshman season without throwing a single interception in 114 attempts. He connected with nine different receivers, completing touchdown strikes to Michael Reilly, Justin Foley and Mitch Aprahamian.
Williams tossed a lateral to wide receiver Ryan McManus who let loose with a 54-yard scoring strike to Bo Patterson
The Big Green trailed 14-7 before initiating their third quarter scoring blitz, tallying 521 yards on offense. Dan Henggler gained 69 yards on 10 carries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'