Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Dartmouth tops Princeton to finish with winning slate
Dartmouth took charge following intermission, scoring three touchdowns during the opening six minutes of the third quarter, to defeat host Princeton, 35-21, Saturday afternoon and claim the Governor's Trophy and Sawhorse Dollar for the third straight season from its Ivy League rival.
Freshman Dalyn Williams threw for three touchdowns and rushed for another helping Dartmouth (6-4, 4-3 Ivy) finish tied for third in the conference with Princeton (5-5, 4-3) and Brown. The win was the Big Green's sixth straight on the road. The streak dates back to last season.
Williams ran for 82 yards and went 20-of-35 for 284 yards, completing his freshman season without throwing a single interception in 114 attempts. He connected with nine different receivers, completing touchdown strikes to Michael Reilly, Justin Foley and Mitch Aprahamian.
Williams tossed a lateral to wide receiver Ryan McManus who let loose with a 54-yard scoring strike to Bo Patterson
The Big Green trailed 14-7 before initiating their third quarter scoring blitz, tallying 521 yards on offense. Dan Henggler gained 69 yards on 10 carries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce wins NCAA baseball regional - 1
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced