Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Laconia man attacks wheelchair-bound grandfather
LACONIA - A Union Avenue man is being held without bail after he allegedly choked his wheelchair-bound grandfather.
Zachary Corbin, 20, of 322 Union Avenue is charged with second-degree assault, resisting arrest, criminal mischief, and obstructing the report of crime or injury, according to Laconia Police Sgt. Allan Graton.
Police were called to a Taylor Street home on Saturday for a report that Corbin was inside, causing a disturbance. Corbin had fled the home before police arrived, and family members told officers he was destroying things in the home, Graton reports.
“Corbin destroyed several items in the house and choked his wheelchair-bound grandfather when he tried to call police for help,” Graton reports.
As police were at the home speaking to family members, Corbin returned. A fight ensued as he allegedly resisted officers attempts to place him into custody, Graton reports.
Corbin is dues in the 4th Circuit District Court in Laconia today for his arraignment.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 3
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 3
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua mayor says finance committee lacked authority to table buying dump trucks - 0
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 12
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief