Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian hit on I-93 North in Windham
WINDHAM - A 25-year-old Manchester woman was taken to Parkland Medical Center Sunday night after being struck by a passing vehicle when her car broke down on Interstate 93.
According to state police, the victim, Jessica Kimball, was travelling northbound when her 2008 Subaru began malfunctioning, leading her to pull over into the breakdown lane near the Windham town line. Parked alongside the highway, Kimball then exited her vehicle and was standing toward the side of the travel lane when a 2006 Saab driven by Gayle Baker, 49, of Windham, struck her, according to police.
State and local police responded to the scene shortly after 8:30 p.m., when Kimball was transported to Parkland Medical Center in Derry and treated for injuries described as “non-life-threatening,” including a fractured femur. Further information on her condition was unavailable Monday, with hospital officials declining to comment on the case due to patient confidentiality laws.
Troopers from State Police Troop B in Bedford and members of the State Police Accident Reconstruction Team closed several lanes of the highway for several hours Sunday evening as they worked to investigate the incident.
The crash remains under investigation, police noted on Monday, though alcohol isn’t believed to have been a factor. Anyone with further information related to this incident is encouraged to contact Trooper Monaco or Trooper Dotolla at the Troop B Barracks in Bedford at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth