Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian hit on I-93 North in Windham
WINDHAM - A 25-year-old Manchester woman was taken to Parkland Medical Center Sunday night after being struck by a passing vehicle when her car broke down on Interstate 93.
According to state police, the victim, Jessica Kimball, was travelling northbound when her 2008 Subaru began malfunctioning, leading her to pull over into the breakdown lane near the Windham town line. Parked alongside the highway, Kimball then exited her vehicle and was standing toward the side of the travel lane when a 2006 Saab driven by Gayle Baker, 49, of Windham, struck her, according to police.
State and local police responded to the scene shortly after 8:30 p.m., when Kimball was transported to Parkland Medical Center in Derry and treated for injuries described as “non-life-threatening,” including a fractured femur. Further information on her condition was unavailable Monday, with hospital officials declining to comment on the case due to patient confidentiality laws.
Troopers from State Police Troop B in Bedford and members of the State Police Accident Reconstruction Team closed several lanes of the highway for several hours Sunday evening as they worked to investigate the incident.
The crash remains under investigation, police noted on Monday, though alcohol isn’t believed to have been a factor. Anyone with further information related to this incident is encouraged to contact Trooper Monaco or Trooper Dotolla at the Troop B Barracks in Bedford at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police warn of holiday pitfalls - 0
- Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire - 0
- Dover enacts emergency parking ban for Friday - 0
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072