Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian hit on I-93 North in Windham
WINDHAM - A 25-year-old Manchester woman was taken to Parkland Medical Center Sunday night after being struck by a passing vehicle when her car broke down on Interstate 93.
According to state police, the victim, Jessica Kimball, was travelling northbound when her 2008 Subaru began malfunctioning, leading her to pull over into the breakdown lane near the Windham town line. Parked alongside the highway, Kimball then exited her vehicle and was standing toward the side of the travel lane when a 2006 Saab driven by Gayle Baker, 49, of Windham, struck her, according to police.
State and local police responded to the scene shortly after 8:30 p.m., when Kimball was transported to Parkland Medical Center in Derry and treated for injuries described as “non-life-threatening,” including a fractured femur. Further information on her condition was unavailable Monday, with hospital officials declining to comment on the case due to patient confidentiality laws.
Troopers from State Police Troop B in Bedford and members of the State Police Accident Reconstruction Team closed several lanes of the highway for several hours Sunday evening as they worked to investigate the incident.
The crash remains under investigation, police noted on Monday, though alcohol isn’t believed to have been a factor. Anyone with further information related to this incident is encouraged to contact Trooper Monaco or Trooper Dotolla at the Troop B Barracks in Bedford at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- With COPsync911 unveiling in Londonderry, NH paving the way for national school safety movement - 0
- Off-duty Winchester officer plays role saving Keene police officer - 0
- Rural towns struggle to find volunteer safety personnel - 0
- At Manchester police awards ceremony, mom wants answers, justice for son - 1
- Manchester police add four new officers - 1
- 7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway - 1
- Mass. climbers stuck on Cannon Mtn. - 0
- 12-hour effort needed to get Mass. hiker off Mt. Adams - 1
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester officials searching for central preschool facility building - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man faces charges tied to burglary, stolen jewelry - 0
- After 12 years, Derry CFO steps down from position - 0
- Alleged conflict of interest among Timberlane board member's issues - 0
- Controversial nominee appointed to authority - 0
- Two-class series for pet owners to be held in Bedford - 0
- Degree program offers savings to Manchester teachers - 0
- Laconia sex offender indicted again on seven charges - 0
- Rye woman faces felony witness tampering charge - 0
Back-to- school shopping slowest since ‘09
U.S. Marshals say son of murdered Manchester couple sighted in Fla.; $5,000 reward offered
S&P 500 down for third straight day
Report on Manchester schools cites falling test scores, higher dropout rates among ongoing challenges
Obama to make statement after airstrikes against Islamic State, White House official says