Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian hit on I-93 North in Windham
WINDHAM - A 25-year-old Manchester woman was taken to Parkland Medical Center Sunday night after being struck by a passing vehicle when her car broke down on Interstate 93.
According to state police, the victim, Jessica Kimball, was travelling northbound when her 2008 Subaru began malfunctioning, leading her to pull over into the breakdown lane near the Windham town line. Parked alongside the highway, Kimball then exited her vehicle and was standing toward the side of the travel lane when a 2006 Saab driven by Gayle Baker, 49, of Windham, struck her, according to police.
State and local police responded to the scene shortly after 8:30 p.m., when Kimball was transported to Parkland Medical Center in Derry and treated for injuries described as “non-life-threatening,” including a fractured femur. Further information on her condition was unavailable Monday, with hospital officials declining to comment on the case due to patient confidentiality laws.
Troopers from State Police Troop B in Bedford and members of the State Police Accident Reconstruction Team closed several lanes of the highway for several hours Sunday evening as they worked to investigate the incident.
The crash remains under investigation, police noted on Monday, though alcohol isn’t believed to have been a factor. Anyone with further information related to this incident is encouraged to contact Trooper Monaco or Trooper Dotolla at the Troop B Barracks in Bedford at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'