Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian hit on I-93 North in Windham
WINDHAM - A 25-year-old Manchester woman was taken to Parkland Medical Center Sunday night after being struck by a passing vehicle when her car broke down on Interstate 93.
According to state police, the victim, Jessica Kimball, was travelling northbound when her 2008 Subaru began malfunctioning, leading her to pull over into the breakdown lane near the Windham town line. Parked alongside the highway, Kimball then exited her vehicle and was standing toward the side of the travel lane when a 2006 Saab driven by Gayle Baker, 49, of Windham, struck her, according to police.
State and local police responded to the scene shortly after 8:30 p.m., when Kimball was transported to Parkland Medical Center in Derry and treated for injuries described as “non-life-threatening,” including a fractured femur. Further information on her condition was unavailable Monday, with hospital officials declining to comment on the case due to patient confidentiality laws.
Troopers from State Police Troop B in Bedford and members of the State Police Accident Reconstruction Team closed several lanes of the highway for several hours Sunday evening as they worked to investigate the incident.
The crash remains under investigation, police noted on Monday, though alcohol isn’t believed to have been a factor. Anyone with further information related to this incident is encouraged to contact Trooper Monaco or Trooper Dotolla at the Troop B Barracks in Bedford at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 16
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer