Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian hit on I-93 North in Windham
WINDHAM - A 25-year-old Manchester woman was taken to Parkland Medical Center Sunday night after being struck by a passing vehicle when her car broke down on Interstate 93.
According to state police, the victim, Jessica Kimball, was travelling northbound when her 2008 Subaru began malfunctioning, leading her to pull over into the breakdown lane near the Windham town line. Parked alongside the highway, Kimball then exited her vehicle and was standing toward the side of the travel lane when a 2006 Saab driven by Gayle Baker, 49, of Windham, struck her, according to police.
State and local police responded to the scene shortly after 8:30 p.m., when Kimball was transported to Parkland Medical Center in Derry and treated for injuries described as “non-life-threatening,” including a fractured femur. Further information on her condition was unavailable Monday, with hospital officials declining to comment on the case due to patient confidentiality laws.
Troopers from State Police Troop B in Bedford and members of the State Police Accident Reconstruction Team closed several lanes of the highway for several hours Sunday evening as they worked to investigate the incident.
The crash remains under investigation, police noted on Monday, though alcohol isn’t believed to have been a factor. Anyone with further information related to this incident is encouraged to contact Trooper Monaco or Trooper Dotolla at the Troop B Barracks in Bedford at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072