All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In

Chimney fire comes through roof of Richmond home

RICHMOND — An attic fire at a Morgan Road house took about an hour for fire crews to get under control Sunday afternoon.

Deputy Fire Chief Ed Atkins said the initial responders saw flames coming up through the roof of the home and soon found the fire had spread from the chimney to other parts of the attic.

The crews were able to keep the fire contained to the attic, sparing most of the rest of the house from major damage.

&#';It was a good stop by our guys,&#'; Atkins said.

No one was hurt in the fire, though the family will be displaced for a while, Atkins said.

Richmond crews were assisted by Fitzwilliam, Winchester, Swanzey, and Royalston, Mass., firefighters.


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required
Coming Feb. 5

We'll print a premium Voters First Primary Edition on Feb. 5 profiling the candidates and exploring the issues ahead of the vote Tuesday, Feb. 9.

Joe McQuaid - Publisher

Biff and Donald Trump  Trump campaign insults NH voters' intelligence

 For our safety, our future: Chris Christie for President

More Public Safety

NH Angle