Chimney fire comes through roof of Richmond home
Deputy Fire Chief Ed Atkins said the initial responders saw flames coming up through the roof of the home and soon found the fire had spread from the chimney to other parts of the attic.
The crews were able to keep the fire contained to the attic, sparing most of the rest of the house from major damage.
'It was a good stop by our guys,' Atkins said.
No one was hurt in the fire, though the family will be displaced for a while, Atkins said.
Richmond crews were assisted by Fitzwilliam, Winchester, Swanzey, and Royalston, Mass., firefighters...