Home » News » Public Safety
Chimney fire comes through roof of Richmond home
RICHMOND — An attic fire at a Morgan Road house took about an hour for fire crews to get under control Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Fire Chief Ed Atkins said the initial responders saw flames coming up through the roof of the home and soon found the fire had spread from the chimney to other parts of the attic.
The crews were able to keep the fire contained to the attic, sparing most of the rest of the house from major damage.
“It was a good stop by our guys,” Atkins said.
No one was hurt in the fire, though the family will be displaced for a while, Atkins said.
Richmond crews were assisted by Fitzwilliam, Winchester, Swanzey, and Royalston, Mass., firefighters.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 0
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida - 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19