Home » News » Public Safety
Chimney fire comes through roof of Richmond home
RICHMOND — An attic fire at a Morgan Road house took about an hour for fire crews to get under control Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Fire Chief Ed Atkins said the initial responders saw flames coming up through the roof of the home and soon found the fire had spread from the chimney to other parts of the attic.
The crews were able to keep the fire contained to the attic, sparing most of the rest of the house from major damage.
“It was a good stop by our guys,” Atkins said.
No one was hurt in the fire, though the family will be displaced for a while, Atkins said.
Richmond crews were assisted by Fitzwilliam, Winchester, Swanzey, and Royalston, Mass., firefighters.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 1
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'