Home » News » Public Safety
Chimney fire comes through roof of Richmond home
RICHMOND — An attic fire at a Morgan Road house took about an hour for fire crews to get under control Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Fire Chief Ed Atkins said the initial responders saw flames coming up through the roof of the home and soon found the fire had spread from the chimney to other parts of the attic.
The crews were able to keep the fire contained to the attic, sparing most of the rest of the house from major damage.
“It was a good stop by our guys,” Atkins said.
No one was hurt in the fire, though the family will be displaced for a while, Atkins said.
Richmond crews were assisted by Fitzwilliam, Winchester, Swanzey, and Royalston, Mass., firefighters.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 10
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?