Home » News » Public Safety
Chimney fire comes through roof of Richmond home
RICHMOND — An attic fire at a Morgan Road house took about an hour for fire crews to get under control Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Fire Chief Ed Atkins said the initial responders saw flames coming up through the roof of the home and soon found the fire had spread from the chimney to other parts of the attic.
The crews were able to keep the fire contained to the attic, sparing most of the rest of the house from major damage.
“It was a good stop by our guys,” Atkins said.
No one was hurt in the fire, though the family will be displaced for a while, Atkins said.
Richmond crews were assisted by Fitzwilliam, Winchester, Swanzey, and Royalston, Mass., firefighters.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare