Londonderry Rotary Club invites groups to help deck the common for the holidays
LONDONDERRY - Members of the Londonderry Rotary Club are hoping some area organizations will join them in decking out Town Common this holiday season.
Set-up for the December tree-lighting event will begin this Sunday, Nov. 25.
Rotarian Reed Clark said approximately 23 Christmas trees will be featured in this year's holiday display.
Tree set-up and decorating will take place between 8 a.m. and noon that day, with decorating to continue over the course of the following week.
The tree-lighting ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 2, with the festivities to begin at 3:30 p.m.
Hot cider, coffee, cocoa and refreshments will be served, with holiday music and caroling provided by local Girl Scouts and the Londonderry Christian Church band.
A collection of non-perishable food items for local food pantries will round out the day's festivities, and rumor has it that Mr. and Mrs. Claus may even make an appearance.
Any area youth group, church or nonprofit that is interested in decorating a tree this year should contact Caron Renik at 765-7735.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?