Londonderry Rotary Club invites groups to help deck the common for the holidays
LONDONDERRY - Members of the Londonderry Rotary Club are hoping some area organizations will join them in decking out Town Common this holiday season.
Set-up for the December tree-lighting event will begin this Sunday, Nov. 25.
Rotarian Reed Clark said approximately 23 Christmas trees will be featured in this year's holiday display.
Tree set-up and decorating will take place between 8 a.m. and noon that day, with decorating to continue over the course of the following week.
The tree-lighting ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 2, with the festivities to begin at 3:30 p.m.
Hot cider, coffee, cocoa and refreshments will be served, with holiday music and caroling provided by local Girl Scouts and the Londonderry Christian Church band.
A collection of non-perishable food items for local food pantries will round out the day's festivities, and rumor has it that Mr. and Mrs. Claus may even make an appearance.
Any area youth group, church or nonprofit that is interested in decorating a tree this year should contact Caron Renik at 765-7735.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four