Londonderry Rotary Club invites groups to help deck the common for the holidays
LONDONDERRY - Members of the Londonderry Rotary Club are hoping some area organizations will join them in decking out Town Common this holiday season.
Set-up for the December tree-lighting event will begin this Sunday, Nov. 25.
Rotarian Reed Clark said approximately 23 Christmas trees will be featured in this year's holiday display.
Tree set-up and decorating will take place between 8 a.m. and noon that day, with decorating to continue over the course of the following week.
The tree-lighting ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 2, with the festivities to begin at 3:30 p.m.
Hot cider, coffee, cocoa and refreshments will be served, with holiday music and caroling provided by local Girl Scouts and the Londonderry Christian Church band.
A collection of non-perishable food items for local food pantries will round out the day's festivities, and rumor has it that Mr. and Mrs. Claus may even make an appearance.
Any area youth group, church or nonprofit that is interested in decorating a tree this year should contact Caron Renik at 765-7735.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry victim of Maine shooting expected to recover - 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 1
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 3
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'