Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Rochester woman airlifted after Milton accident expected to recover
MILTON - A Rochester woman who was flown to Maine is expected to recover after being ejected from her vehicle along Route 16 Sunday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:25 p.m. after a Nissan Sentra, driven by Kynsra Johnson, 20, rolled over several times along the southbound side of the highway north of Exit 17.
Fire Lt. Jarrod Wheeler said Johnson, who was the sole occupant, was airlifted to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, by crews from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART) helicopter, which landed at the scene.
N.H. State Trooper Maureen Steer, who is investigating the accident, said Johnson sustained “non-life threatening injuries and is expected to recover.”
Wheeler said firefighters and ambulance crews from Milton and Wakefield responded to the scene. Local police were assisted by officers from Farmington and members of State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Marathon 'hams' took on vital role after Marathon bombings - 1
- Daniel Scott King - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hood pitches Goffstown past Souhegan - 0
- College Baseball: PSU holds off Keene State - 0
- Schoop, Markakis pace Orioles past Sox - 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 5
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Manchester woman arrested twice in two days
NH Easter Egg Hunts 2014