Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Rochester woman airlifted after Milton accident expected to recover
MILTON - A Rochester woman who was flown to Maine is expected to recover after being ejected from her vehicle along Route 16 Sunday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:25 p.m. after a Nissan Sentra, driven by Kynsra Johnson, 20, rolled over several times along the southbound side of the highway north of Exit 17.
Fire Lt. Jarrod Wheeler said Johnson, who was the sole occupant, was airlifted to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, by crews from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART) helicopter, which landed at the scene.
N.H. State Trooper Maureen Steer, who is investigating the accident, said Johnson sustained “non-life threatening injuries and is expected to recover.”
Wheeler said firefighters and ambulance crews from Milton and Wakefield responded to the scene. Local police were assisted by officers from Farmington and members of State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty