Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Rochester woman airlifted after Milton accident expected to recover
MILTON - A Rochester woman who was flown to Maine is expected to recover after being ejected from her vehicle along Route 16 Sunday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:25 p.m. after a Nissan Sentra, driven by Kynsra Johnson, 20, rolled over several times along the southbound side of the highway north of Exit 17.
Fire Lt. Jarrod Wheeler said Johnson, who was the sole occupant, was airlifted to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, by crews from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART) helicopter, which landed at the scene.
N.H. State Trooper Maureen Steer, who is investigating the accident, said Johnson sustained “non-life threatening injuries and is expected to recover.”
Wheeler said firefighters and ambulance crews from Milton and Wakefield responded to the scene. Local police were assisted by officers from Farmington and members of State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH