Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Rochester woman airlifted after Milton accident expected to recover
MILTON - A Rochester woman who was flown to Maine is expected to recover after being ejected from her vehicle along Route 16 Sunday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:25 p.m. after a Nissan Sentra, driven by Kynsra Johnson, 20, rolled over several times along the southbound side of the highway north of Exit 17.
Fire Lt. Jarrod Wheeler said Johnson, who was the sole occupant, was airlifted to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, by crews from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART) helicopter, which landed at the scene.
N.H. State Trooper Maureen Steer, who is investigating the accident, said Johnson sustained “non-life threatening injuries and is expected to recover.”
Wheeler said firefighters and ambulance crews from Milton and Wakefield responded to the scene. Local police were assisted by officers from Farmington and members of State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 21
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs