Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Rochester woman airlifted after Milton accident expected to recover
MILTON - A Rochester woman who was flown to Maine is expected to recover after being ejected from her vehicle along Route 16 Sunday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:25 p.m. after a Nissan Sentra, driven by Kynsra Johnson, 20, rolled over several times along the southbound side of the highway north of Exit 17.
Fire Lt. Jarrod Wheeler said Johnson, who was the sole occupant, was airlifted to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, by crews from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART) helicopter, which landed at the scene.
N.H. State Trooper Maureen Steer, who is investigating the accident, said Johnson sustained “non-life threatening injuries and is expected to recover.”
Wheeler said firefighters and ambulance crews from Milton and Wakefield responded to the scene. Local police were assisted by officers from Farmington and members of State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins