Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Brookline man killed in Wilton crash
A Brookline man was killed on Monday morning when his car went off the road and struck a tree.
According to Wilton Police, Chauncey Talcott, 20, of Brookline was traveling east on Route 101 near Wilton Center Road in a 1997 Honda when the accident occurred. Talcott’s vehicle reportedly went off the right side of the road, then veered back onto Route 101, crossing both lines of traffic before crashing into a tree on the left side of the road, police said.
Talcott was transported to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough, where he was pronounced dead.
Before the accident, according to police, a witness noticed that the Honda was weaving in the roadway.
“I do not believe that speed or alcohol were factors at this time,” said Wilton Police Chief Brent Hautanen. The chief also said there is no evidence to indicate that drugs were a factor either, but he added he will have to wait for the medical examiner’s office to complete its investigation before making that final determination.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem