Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Brookline man killed in Wilton crash
A Brookline man was killed on Monday morning when his car went off the road and struck a tree.
According to Wilton Police, Chauncey Talcott, 20, of Brookline was traveling east on Route 101 near Wilton Center Road in a 1997 Honda when the accident occurred. Talcott’s vehicle reportedly went off the right side of the road, then veered back onto Route 101, crossing both lines of traffic before crashing into a tree on the left side of the road, police said.
Talcott was transported to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough, where he was pronounced dead.
Before the accident, according to police, a witness noticed that the Honda was weaving in the roadway.
“I do not believe that speed or alcohol were factors at this time,” said Wilton Police Chief Brent Hautanen. The chief also said there is no evidence to indicate that drugs were a factor either, but he added he will have to wait for the medical examiner’s office to complete its investigation before making that final determination.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072