Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Brookline man killed in Wilton crash
A Brookline man was killed on Monday morning when his car went off the road and struck a tree.
According to Wilton Police, Chauncey Talcott, 20, of Brookline was traveling east on Route 101 near Wilton Center Road in a 1997 Honda when the accident occurred. Talcott’s vehicle reportedly went off the right side of the road, then veered back onto Route 101, crossing both lines of traffic before crashing into a tree on the left side of the road, police said.
Talcott was transported to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough, where he was pronounced dead.
Before the accident, according to police, a witness noticed that the Honda was weaving in the roadway.
“I do not believe that speed or alcohol were factors at this time,” said Wilton Police Chief Brent Hautanen. The chief also said there is no evidence to indicate that drugs were a factor either, but he added he will have to wait for the medical examiner’s office to complete its investigation before making that final determination.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 6
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill