Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Brookline man killed in Wilton crash
A Brookline man was killed on Monday morning when his car went off the road and struck a tree.
According to Wilton Police, Chauncey Talcott, 20, of Brookline was traveling east on Route 101 near Wilton Center Road in a 1997 Honda when the accident occurred. Talcott’s vehicle reportedly went off the right side of the road, then veered back onto Route 101, crossing both lines of traffic before crashing into a tree on the left side of the road, police said.
Talcott was transported to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough, where he was pronounced dead.
Before the accident, according to police, a witness noticed that the Honda was weaving in the roadway.
“I do not believe that speed or alcohol were factors at this time,” said Wilton Police Chief Brent Hautanen. The chief also said there is no evidence to indicate that drugs were a factor either, but he added he will have to wait for the medical examiner’s office to complete its investigation before making that final determination.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors