Home » News » Public Safety
Updated: Brookline man killed in Wilton crash
A Brookline man was killed on Monday morning when his car went off the road and struck a tree.
According to Wilton Police, Chauncey Talcott, 20, of Brookline was traveling east on Route 101 near Wilton Center Road in a 1997 Honda when the accident occurred. Talcott’s vehicle reportedly went off the right side of the road, then veered back onto Route 101, crossing both lines of traffic before crashing into a tree on the left side of the road, police said.
Talcott was transported to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough, where he was pronounced dead.
Before the accident, according to police, a witness noticed that the Honda was weaving in the roadway.
“I do not believe that speed or alcohol were factors at this time,” said Wilton Police Chief Brent Hautanen. The chief also said there is no evidence to indicate that drugs were a factor either, but he added he will have to wait for the medical examiner’s office to complete its investigation before making that final determination.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 4
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof