Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Barrington man indicted on nine child pornography counts
DOVER - A 20-year-old Barrington man previously convicted of sex crimes faces up to 67 years in prison for allegedly having photos of young girls performing a variety of sexual acts.
On Nov. 15, a Strafford County grand jury indicted Brian Tilton, who remains in custody at Strafford County Jail, on nine counts of possession of photos and digital images of sexual abuse of children on his tablet system Sept. 15, according to the indictments.
County Attorney Thomas Velardi said these are serious charges, especially since Tilton, who was in jail when the indictments were brought, was "previously convicted of sex crimes against people under 15."
Velardi said investigators are looking into the origin of the images, which could have been taken anywhere in the world. He added more charges will be filed if they come from inside the state.
All nine charges are Class A felonies, which can each yield a maximum sentence of 7-1/2 to 15 years in prison, if convicted.
Tilton is scheduled to be arraigned in Strafford County Superior Court Nov. 29 at 9 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424