Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Barrington man indicted on nine child pornography counts
DOVER - A 20-year-old Barrington man previously convicted of sex crimes faces up to 67 years in prison for allegedly having photos of young girls performing a variety of sexual acts.
On Nov. 15, a Strafford County grand jury indicted Brian Tilton, who remains in custody at Strafford County Jail, on nine counts of possession of photos and digital images of sexual abuse of children on his tablet system Sept. 15, according to the indictments.
County Attorney Thomas Velardi said these are serious charges, especially since Tilton, who was in jail when the indictments were brought, was "previously convicted of sex crimes against people under 15."
Velardi said investigators are looking into the origin of the images, which could have been taken anywhere in the world. He added more charges will be filed if they come from inside the state.
All nine charges are Class A felonies, which can each yield a maximum sentence of 7-1/2 to 15 years in prison, if convicted.
Tilton is scheduled to be arraigned in Strafford County Superior Court Nov. 29 at 9 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth