Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Barrington man indicted on nine child pornography counts
DOVER - A 20-year-old Barrington man previously convicted of sex crimes faces up to 67 years in prison for allegedly having photos of young girls performing a variety of sexual acts.
On Nov. 15, a Strafford County grand jury indicted Brian Tilton, who remains in custody at Strafford County Jail, on nine counts of possession of photos and digital images of sexual abuse of children on his tablet system Sept. 15, according to the indictments.
County Attorney Thomas Velardi said these are serious charges, especially since Tilton, who was in jail when the indictments were brought, was "previously convicted of sex crimes against people under 15."
Velardi said investigators are looking into the origin of the images, which could have been taken anywhere in the world. He added more charges will be filed if they come from inside the state.
All nine charges are Class A felonies, which can each yield a maximum sentence of 7-1/2 to 15 years in prison, if convicted.
Tilton is scheduled to be arraigned in Strafford County Superior Court Nov. 29 at 9 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
Number of NH families in need grows
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424