Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Somersworth man charged with sexual assault of a boy
DOVER - A 20-year-old Somersworth man could spend the next 20 to 40 years in prison after being charged with sexually assaulting a boy, who is now 14, beginning in 2009.
On Nov. 15, a Strafford County grand jury indicted Steven Yerakes, 20, of 6½ Winter St. in Somersworth, for aggravated felonious sexual assault and being an accomplice to Mark Rousselle, 43, who was convicted of three counts of alcohol-facilitated sexual assault in 2011.
Yerakes allegedly engaged in a pattern of assault between May 12, 2009 and Sept. 5, 2010 - when the child was 11 and 12 - and bringing a boy to Rousselle's home along Route 108 in Somersworth at least once, according to the indictments.
On July 21, Superior Court Judge James O'Neill sentenced Rousselle to serve two consecutive terms of 8 to 30 years in prison for alcohol-facilitated sexual assault and another 10 to 30 years, which was suspended, according to court records.
Both charges against Yerakes are felonies which are each punishable by a maximum of 10 to 20 years in prison and a $4,000 fine, if convicted. He is scheduled to be arraigned in Strafford County Superior Court on Nov. 29 at 9 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917