Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Somersworth man charged with sexual assault of a boy
DOVER - A 20-year-old Somersworth man could spend the next 20 to 40 years in prison after being charged with sexually assaulting a boy, who is now 14, beginning in 2009.
On Nov. 15, a Strafford County grand jury indicted Steven Yerakes, 20, of 6½ Winter St. in Somersworth, for aggravated felonious sexual assault and being an accomplice to Mark Rousselle, 43, who was convicted of three counts of alcohol-facilitated sexual assault in 2011.
Yerakes allegedly engaged in a pattern of assault between May 12, 2009 and Sept. 5, 2010 - when the child was 11 and 12 - and bringing a boy to Rousselle's home along Route 108 in Somersworth at least once, according to the indictments.
On July 21, Superior Court Judge James O'Neill sentenced Rousselle to serve two consecutive terms of 8 to 30 years in prison for alcohol-facilitated sexual assault and another 10 to 30 years, which was suspended, according to court records.
Both charges against Yerakes are felonies which are each punishable by a maximum of 10 to 20 years in prison and a $4,000 fine, if convicted. He is scheduled to be arraigned in Strafford County Superior Court on Nov. 29 at 9 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424