Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Somersworth man charged with sexual assault of a boy
DOVER - A 20-year-old Somersworth man could spend the next 20 to 40 years in prison after being charged with sexually assaulting a boy, who is now 14, beginning in 2009.
On Nov. 15, a Strafford County grand jury indicted Steven Yerakes, 20, of 6½ Winter St. in Somersworth, for aggravated felonious sexual assault and being an accomplice to Mark Rousselle, 43, who was convicted of three counts of alcohol-facilitated sexual assault in 2011.
Yerakes allegedly engaged in a pattern of assault between May 12, 2009 and Sept. 5, 2010 - when the child was 11 and 12 - and bringing a boy to Rousselle's home along Route 108 in Somersworth at least once, according to the indictments.
On July 21, Superior Court Judge James O'Neill sentenced Rousselle to serve two consecutive terms of 8 to 30 years in prison for alcohol-facilitated sexual assault and another 10 to 30 years, which was suspended, according to court records.
Both charges against Yerakes are felonies which are each punishable by a maximum of 10 to 20 years in prison and a $4,000 fine, if convicted. He is scheduled to be arraigned in Strafford County Superior Court on Nov. 29 at 9 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'