Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Sex offender indicted for rape, drugging Portsmouth woman
BRENTWOOD - A registered sex offender was indicted for allegedly drugging and raping a woman in Portsmouth, then providing cocaine to two other women on the same night, prosecutors said.
Aaron Bonds, 43, of Dover is facing 11 charges in connection with raping a 26-year-old woman and providing cocaine, "or a substance he represented" to be cocaine, according to indictments.
Bonds is facing a 20- to 40-year state prison sentence on each of the three sexual assault charges if he is convicted by a jury.
Portsmouth police say the woman was attacked July 11 around 2 a.m. at a location on Middle Street in Portsmouth.
A grand jury indicted Bonds, who was being held at the Rockingham County jail, earlier this month on the charges. He already has a sex-related conviction on his record, according to court documents.
In 2003, Bonds was convicted in Strafford County of raping a woman and sentenced three to six years in state prison. At the time of his arrest on July 13, he was working as a line cook in a Portsmouth restaurant.
Workers at Portsmouth Regional Hospital notified police about the assault after the woman sought treatment there, according to police. The woman told police that Bonds gave her something that she thought was cocaine, but that it incapacitated her and made her sick, court records say. Bonds allegedly raped the woman after she ingested the drug.
Indictments say that two other people - a 29-year-old and a 30-year-old - were also given the drugs on the same night.
Bonds is charged with three counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, four counts of dispensing a substance representing to be a controlled drug and dispensing a controlled drug. He will be arraigned later this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Pembroke man pleads guilty to Maine bank robberies - 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 24
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Police say drug suspect crashed into Windham cruiser, sheriff's car during bust - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gregg for the US Senate again? 'Been there, done that,' he says - 0
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 3
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424