Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Sex offender indicted for rape, drugging Portsmouth woman
BRENTWOOD - A registered sex offender was indicted for allegedly drugging and raping a woman in Portsmouth, then providing cocaine to two other women on the same night, prosecutors said.
Aaron Bonds, 43, of Dover is facing 11 charges in connection with raping a 26-year-old woman and providing cocaine, "or a substance he represented" to be cocaine, according to indictments.
Bonds is facing a 20- to 40-year state prison sentence on each of the three sexual assault charges if he is convicted by a jury.
Portsmouth police say the woman was attacked July 11 around 2 a.m. at a location on Middle Street in Portsmouth.
A grand jury indicted Bonds, who was being held at the Rockingham County jail, earlier this month on the charges. He already has a sex-related conviction on his record, according to court documents.
In 2003, Bonds was convicted in Strafford County of raping a woman and sentenced three to six years in state prison. At the time of his arrest on July 13, he was working as a line cook in a Portsmouth restaurant.
Workers at Portsmouth Regional Hospital notified police about the assault after the woman sought treatment there, according to police. The woman told police that Bonds gave her something that she thought was cocaine, but that it incapacitated her and made her sick, court records say. Bonds allegedly raped the woman after she ingested the drug.
Indictments say that two other people - a 29-year-old and a 30-year-old - were also given the drugs on the same night.
Bonds is charged with three counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, four counts of dispensing a substance representing to be a controlled drug and dispensing a controlled drug. He will be arraigned later this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth