Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Concord police end search for suspected burglar
CONCORD - A search by local and State Police to locate a man who was caught rummaging through a homeowner's car in his garage was called off late Wednesday morning, Lt. Timothy O'Malley said.
Concord police, State Police, State Police canines and the State Police helicopter all searched for the suspect after light broke in the wooded area of Iron Works Road.
"We set up a perimeter hoping to catch him when the sun came out," O'Malley said, "but he made it out through the woods and we stopped the search. We estimate he had been there two to three hours before that."
O'Malley described the suspect as a male, approximately 20 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7, wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt and described as scruffy looking.
A homeowner found the suspect rummaging through his car in the garage between 5:20 and 5:30 a.m., O'Malley said, which led to a confrontation. The suspect fled on foot, leaving behind $92 in change and some flashlights.
"What he left behind leads us to believe that he'd probably been going through other cars in the area," O'Malley said in a telephone interview. "We suspect it was not his first stop."
No injuries were reported during the confrontation. O'Malley indicated the homeowner had been up, preparing to go to work and opened the garage door and found the suspect inside his car.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Concord Police Department at 225-8600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 1
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 28
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483