May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Concord police end search for suspected burglar
CONCORD - A search by local and State Police to locate a man who was caught rummaging through a homeowner's car in his garage was called off late Wednesday morning, Lt. Timothy O'Malley said.
Concord police, State Police, State Police canines and the State Police helicopter all searched for the suspect after light broke in the wooded area of Iron Works Road.
"We set up a perimeter hoping to catch him when the sun came out," O'Malley said, "but he made it out through the woods and we stopped the search. We estimate he had been there two to three hours before that."
O'Malley described the suspect as a male, approximately 20 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7, wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt and described as scruffy looking.
A homeowner found the suspect rummaging through his car in the garage between 5:20 and 5:30 a.m., O'Malley said, which led to a confrontation. The suspect fled on foot, leaving behind $92 in change and some flashlights.
"What he left behind leads us to believe that he'd probably been going through other cars in the area," O'Malley said in a telephone interview. "We suspect it was not his first stop."
No injuries were reported during the confrontation. O'Malley indicated the homeowner had been up, preparing to go to work and opened the garage door and found the suspect inside his car.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Concord Police Department at 225-8600.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424