Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Concord police end search for suspected burglar
CONCORD - A search by local and State Police to locate a man who was caught rummaging through a homeowner's car in his garage was called off late Wednesday morning, Lt. Timothy O'Malley said.
Concord police, State Police, State Police canines and the State Police helicopter all searched for the suspect after light broke in the wooded area of Iron Works Road.
"We set up a perimeter hoping to catch him when the sun came out," O'Malley said, "but he made it out through the woods and we stopped the search. We estimate he had been there two to three hours before that."
O'Malley described the suspect as a male, approximately 20 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7, wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt and described as scruffy looking.
A homeowner found the suspect rummaging through his car in the garage between 5:20 and 5:30 a.m., O'Malley said, which led to a confrontation. The suspect fled on foot, leaving behind $92 in change and some flashlights.
"What he left behind leads us to believe that he'd probably been going through other cars in the area," O'Malley said in a telephone interview. "We suspect it was not his first stop."
No injuries were reported during the confrontation. O'Malley indicated the homeowner had been up, preparing to go to work and opened the garage door and found the suspect inside his car.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Concord Police Department at 225-8600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 12
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483