Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Concord police end search for suspected burglar
CONCORD - A search by local and State Police to locate a man who was caught rummaging through a homeowner's car in his garage was called off late Wednesday morning, Lt. Timothy O'Malley said.
Concord police, State Police, State Police canines and the State Police helicopter all searched for the suspect after light broke in the wooded area of Iron Works Road.
"We set up a perimeter hoping to catch him when the sun came out," O'Malley said, "but he made it out through the woods and we stopped the search. We estimate he had been there two to three hours before that."
O'Malley described the suspect as a male, approximately 20 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7, wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt and described as scruffy looking.
A homeowner found the suspect rummaging through his car in the garage between 5:20 and 5:30 a.m., O'Malley said, which led to a confrontation. The suspect fled on foot, leaving behind $92 in change and some flashlights.
"What he left behind leads us to believe that he'd probably been going through other cars in the area," O'Malley said in a telephone interview. "We suspect it was not his first stop."
No injuries were reported during the confrontation. O'Malley indicated the homeowner had been up, preparing to go to work and opened the garage door and found the suspect inside his car.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Concord Police Department at 225-8600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424