Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Concord police end search for suspected burglar
CONCORD - A search by local and State Police to locate a man who was caught rummaging through a homeowner's car in his garage was called off late Wednesday morning, Lt. Timothy O'Malley said.
Concord police, State Police, State Police canines and the State Police helicopter all searched for the suspect after light broke in the wooded area of Iron Works Road.
"We set up a perimeter hoping to catch him when the sun came out," O'Malley said, "but he made it out through the woods and we stopped the search. We estimate he had been there two to three hours before that."
O'Malley described the suspect as a male, approximately 20 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7, wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt and described as scruffy looking.
A homeowner found the suspect rummaging through his car in the garage between 5:20 and 5:30 a.m., O'Malley said, which led to a confrontation. The suspect fled on foot, leaving behind $92 in change and some flashlights.
"What he left behind leads us to believe that he'd probably been going through other cars in the area," O'Malley said in a telephone interview. "We suspect it was not his first stop."
No injuries were reported during the confrontation. O'Malley indicated the homeowner had been up, preparing to go to work and opened the garage door and found the suspect inside his car.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Concord Police Department at 225-8600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minor injury in crash at Concord airport - 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917