June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Mass. man indicted for time spent snooping under trailer
BRENTWOOD - A Massachusetts man has been indicted for allegedly living under a woman's trailer in Salem and secretly recording her through the bathroom floor.
A grand jury returned 10 charges against Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass., including counts of burglary and attempted interception and disclosure of telecommunications or oral communications.
Hobbs, who remains held at the Rockingham County jail, admitted to Salem police that he had been living under the trailer for two days prior to being caught on Aug. 15, police said.
Prosecutors say that Hobbs, who had sold the trailer to the victim two years earlier, set up two baby monitors inside the home sometime in July. One was in the bedroom and the other in a dryer duct, police said.
Hobbs now faces two counts of burglary, two counts of criminal trespass, criminal mischief and multiple counts of violation of privacy and attempted violation of privacy.
Hobbs allegedly set up the monitors and hid them while performing maintenance at the woman's home.
About a month later, Hobbs set up camp underneath the trailer near a bathroom air duct, according to police. He was stocked with food, beverages and tissues - observing and recording the woman when she was in the bathroom, police said.
Eventually, the woman saw Hobbs staring up at her through the air vent, police said. Once the woman saw him, Hobbs responded with a "hello," according to police. The woman called 911, and police officers found Hobbs walking southbound on Route 28.
When police confronted Hobbs, he admitted he was under the trailer. Investigating officers found that Hobbs had allegedly recorded 16 videos of the female lasting one minute each. Each of the burglary charges is punishable by 3 1/2 to 7 years in state prison. Hobbs is expected to be arraigned later this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 10
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 10
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424