All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Fire crews help after car sets off carbon monoxide detectors

LONDONDERRY - A Boyd Road resident called on the aid of the Londonderry Fire Department after fumes from an idling car apparently set off his carbon monoxide detectors.

Firefighters were summoned to 43 Boyd Road shortly after 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when one of the home's occupants showed symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure, including a headache and lightheadedness.

Upon arrival, it became clear that no one was injured in the incident, though firefighters worked to ventilate the building after discovering elevated levels of carbon monoxide throughout the home.

"The levels were particularly high in the basement area as the car's exhaust was pointed towards the open garage," Fire Lt. Kevin Zins said.

Fire crews closed windows throughout the home, using an electric fan to pressurize and ventilate each room until no trace of carbon monoxide remained.

- - - - - - - -

April Guilmet may be reached at


28th Annual Chocolate Festival 28th Annual Chocolate Festival
Sunday, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.

FattyFest FattyFest
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Boogie Wonder Band Boogie Wonder Band
Saturday, 7:30 p.m.

USASA BoarderSkier Cross USASA Boarder/Skier Cross
Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle