Home » News » Public Safety
One dies in Albany house fire
Firefighters remain on the scene on Crossover Road in Albany Tuesday morning after one person was found dead inside the home. (SARA YOUNG-KNOX)
ALBANY - Firefighters have recovered a body from a smouldering residence in Albany this morning, after they were called to a house fire at 69 Crossover Road about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Officials with the Conway Fire Department are not releasing any information yet. As of 10 a.m. fire trucks from Conway, North Conway, Center Conway, and Madison fire departments remained on the scene, with firefighters running lines into second-story windows.
Tax records indicate the home is owned by Gregory and Annette Hines.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 6
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 5
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
LNG plant put 'on hold'
E-cigarettes find a market in NH