Home » News » Public Safety
Hunter found dead in Swanzey
SWANZEY - The body of a hunter was recovered in Swanzey early Tuesday morning.
The N.H. Fish and Game Department was notified Monday night of an overdue hunter in the area of Talbot Hill Road, according to a press release issued by Lt. Craig Morrocco of N.H. Fish & Game.
Robert Lariviere Jr., 51, of Swanzey, was reported to have gone deer hunting in the vicinity of Talbot Hill Road in Swanzey early Monday morning. His family reported him overdue to local police. Immediately thereafter, at approximately 8:15 p.m., personnel from New England K9, N.H. Fish and Game Department, Swanzey Police Department, Swanzey Fire Department, Keene Fire Department, and Upper Valley Wilderness Rescue Team responded to the scene to conduct a search for Lariviere.
Early Tuesday morning about 2:20 a.m., personnel from New England K9 located Lariviere's body approximately a quarter of a mile from his vehicle in a densely wooded area. Upon initial investigation, foul play does not appear to be a factor.
The state of Medical Examiner's Office and Swanzey Police are investigating.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 7
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 13
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack