Home » News » Public Safety
Hunter found dead in Swanzey
SWANZEY - The body of a hunter was recovered in Swanzey early Tuesday morning.
The N.H. Fish and Game Department was notified Monday night of an overdue hunter in the area of Talbot Hill Road, according to a press release issued by Lt. Craig Morrocco of N.H. Fish & Game.
Robert Lariviere Jr., 51, of Swanzey, was reported to have gone deer hunting in the vicinity of Talbot Hill Road in Swanzey early Monday morning. His family reported him overdue to local police. Immediately thereafter, at approximately 8:15 p.m., personnel from New England K9, N.H. Fish and Game Department, Swanzey Police Department, Swanzey Fire Department, Keene Fire Department, and Upper Valley Wilderness Rescue Team responded to the scene to conduct a search for Lariviere.
Early Tuesday morning about 2:20 a.m., personnel from New England K9 located Lariviere's body approximately a quarter of a mile from his vehicle in a densely wooded area. Upon initial investigation, foul play does not appear to be a factor.
The state of Medical Examiner's Office and Swanzey Police are investigating.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072