Home » News » Public Safety
Hunter found dead in Swanzey
SWANZEY - The body of a hunter was recovered in Swanzey early Tuesday morning.
The N.H. Fish and Game Department was notified Monday night of an overdue hunter in the area of Talbot Hill Road, according to a press release issued by Lt. Craig Morrocco of N.H. Fish & Game.
Robert Lariviere Jr., 51, of Swanzey, was reported to have gone deer hunting in the vicinity of Talbot Hill Road in Swanzey early Monday morning. His family reported him overdue to local police. Immediately thereafter, at approximately 8:15 p.m., personnel from New England K9, N.H. Fish and Game Department, Swanzey Police Department, Swanzey Fire Department, Keene Fire Department, and Upper Valley Wilderness Rescue Team responded to the scene to conduct a search for Lariviere.
Early Tuesday morning about 2:20 a.m., personnel from New England K9 located Lariviere's body approximately a quarter of a mile from his vehicle in a densely wooded area. Upon initial investigation, foul play does not appear to be a factor.
The state of Medical Examiner's Office and Swanzey Police are investigating.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH