Home » News » Public Safety
Hunter found dead in Swanzey
SWANZEY - The body of a hunter was recovered in Swanzey early Tuesday morning.
The N.H. Fish and Game Department was notified Monday night of an overdue hunter in the area of Talbot Hill Road, according to a press release issued by Lt. Craig Morrocco of N.H. Fish & Game.
Robert Lariviere Jr., 51, of Swanzey, was reported to have gone deer hunting in the vicinity of Talbot Hill Road in Swanzey early Monday morning. His family reported him overdue to local police. Immediately thereafter, at approximately 8:15 p.m., personnel from New England K9, N.H. Fish and Game Department, Swanzey Police Department, Swanzey Fire Department, Keene Fire Department, and Upper Valley Wilderness Rescue Team responded to the scene to conduct a search for Lariviere.
Early Tuesday morning about 2:20 a.m., personnel from New England K9 located Lariviere's body approximately a quarter of a mile from his vehicle in a densely wooded area. Upon initial investigation, foul play does not appear to be a factor.
The state of Medical Examiner's Office and Swanzey Police are investigating.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth