Home » News » Public Safety
Hunter found dead in Swanzey
SWANZEY - The body of a hunter was recovered in Swanzey early Tuesday morning.
The N.H. Fish and Game Department was notified Monday night of an overdue hunter in the area of Talbot Hill Road, according to a press release issued by Lt. Craig Morrocco of N.H. Fish & Game.
Robert Lariviere Jr., 51, of Swanzey, was reported to have gone deer hunting in the vicinity of Talbot Hill Road in Swanzey early Monday morning. His family reported him overdue to local police. Immediately thereafter, at approximately 8:15 p.m., personnel from New England K9, N.H. Fish and Game Department, Swanzey Police Department, Swanzey Fire Department, Keene Fire Department, and Upper Valley Wilderness Rescue Team responded to the scene to conduct a search for Lariviere.
Early Tuesday morning about 2:20 a.m., personnel from New England K9 located Lariviere's body approximately a quarter of a mile from his vehicle in a densely wooded area. Upon initial investigation, foul play does not appear to be a factor.
The state of Medical Examiner's Office and Swanzey Police are investigating.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Win tickets to see Steven Wright