Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
SWAT assists with Manchester car stops, drug arrests
MANCHESTER - Combined efforts of the N.H. Attorney General's Drug Task Force and the Manchester Police Special Enforcement Division utilized the Manchester SWAT team in two separate arrests of individuals charged with the sale of narcotics Tuesday.
A total of 60 grams of heroin was recovered from the arrests.
Just after 3 p.m. Tuesday, Lucas Rios, 34, of Manchester, was stopped on Agnes Street and arrested on five warrants for sale of a controlled drug. Officers said Rios attempted to swallow 10 grams of suspected heroin.
Rios was additionally charged with falsifying physical evidence and possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute.
He was held on $70,000 cash surety bail and is expected to be arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
SWAT made its second stop and arrest after 6:30 p.m. at the Dunkin Donuts lot on Candia Road, where three men, sitting inside a vehicle, were arrested on drug-related charges.
Ramon Gonzalez, 39, of Haverhill, Mass., was charged with one count of selling a narcotic drug.
Kenny Vargas-Calderon, 29 of Haverhill, Mass., and Nicky Obando, 39, of Manchester, were each charged with conspiracy to sell a controlled drug.
Nearly 50 grams of heroin were seized as a result of that investigation.
All three were held on $100,000 cash-surety bail and were expected to be arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917