Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
SWAT assists with Manchester car stops, drug arrests
MANCHESTER - Combined efforts of the N.H. Attorney General's Drug Task Force and the Manchester Police Special Enforcement Division utilized the Manchester SWAT team in two separate arrests of individuals charged with the sale of narcotics Tuesday.
A total of 60 grams of heroin was recovered from the arrests.
Just after 3 p.m. Tuesday, Lucas Rios, 34, of Manchester, was stopped on Agnes Street and arrested on five warrants for sale of a controlled drug. Officers said Rios attempted to swallow 10 grams of suspected heroin.
Rios was additionally charged with falsifying physical evidence and possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute.
He was held on $70,000 cash surety bail and is expected to be arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
SWAT made its second stop and arrest after 6:30 p.m. at the Dunkin Donuts lot on Candia Road, where three men, sitting inside a vehicle, were arrested on drug-related charges.
Ramon Gonzalez, 39, of Haverhill, Mass., was charged with one count of selling a narcotic drug.
Kenny Vargas-Calderon, 29 of Haverhill, Mass., and Nicky Obando, 39, of Manchester, were each charged with conspiracy to sell a controlled drug.
Nearly 50 grams of heroin were seized as a result of that investigation.
All three were held on $100,000 cash-surety bail and were expected to be arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
Number of NH families in need grows
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424