Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
SWAT assists with Manchester car stops, drug arrests
MANCHESTER - Combined efforts of the N.H. Attorney General's Drug Task Force and the Manchester Police Special Enforcement Division utilized the Manchester SWAT team in two separate arrests of individuals charged with the sale of narcotics Tuesday.
A total of 60 grams of heroin was recovered from the arrests.
Just after 3 p.m. Tuesday, Lucas Rios, 34, of Manchester, was stopped on Agnes Street and arrested on five warrants for sale of a controlled drug. Officers said Rios attempted to swallow 10 grams of suspected heroin.
Rios was additionally charged with falsifying physical evidence and possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute.
He was held on $70,000 cash surety bail and is expected to be arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
SWAT made its second stop and arrest after 6:30 p.m. at the Dunkin Donuts lot on Candia Road, where three men, sitting inside a vehicle, were arrested on drug-related charges.
Ramon Gonzalez, 39, of Haverhill, Mass., was charged with one count of selling a narcotic drug.
Kenny Vargas-Calderon, 29 of Haverhill, Mass., and Nicky Obando, 39, of Manchester, were each charged with conspiracy to sell a controlled drug.
Nearly 50 grams of heroin were seized as a result of that investigation.
All three were held on $100,000 cash-surety bail and were expected to be arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus