May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
SWAT assists with Manchester car stops, drug arrests
MANCHESTER - Combined efforts of the N.H. Attorney General's Drug Task Force and the Manchester Police Special Enforcement Division utilized the Manchester SWAT team in two separate arrests of individuals charged with the sale of narcotics Tuesday.
A total of 60 grams of heroin was recovered from the arrests.
Just after 3 p.m. Tuesday, Lucas Rios, 34, of Manchester, was stopped on Agnes Street and arrested on five warrants for sale of a controlled drug. Officers said Rios attempted to swallow 10 grams of suspected heroin.
Rios was additionally charged with falsifying physical evidence and possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute.
He was held on $70,000 cash surety bail and is expected to be arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
SWAT made its second stop and arrest after 6:30 p.m. at the Dunkin Donuts lot on Candia Road, where three men, sitting inside a vehicle, were arrested on drug-related charges.
Ramon Gonzalez, 39, of Haverhill, Mass., was charged with one count of selling a narcotic drug.
Kenny Vargas-Calderon, 29 of Haverhill, Mass., and Nicky Obando, 39, of Manchester, were each charged with conspiracy to sell a controlled drug.
Nearly 50 grams of heroin were seized as a result of that investigation.
All three were held on $100,000 cash-surety bail and were expected to be arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424