LDS to host annual creche holiday celebration in Dec.
MANCHESTER - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will host its fifth Annual Creche, Cookie and Carol Celebration on Dec. 1 from 5 to 8 p.m. and Dec. 2 from 6 to 8 p.m. at 105 Wind Song Ave.
Children and families are invited to the church's open house, featuring more than 60 creche exhibits from around the world, including Thailand, Africa and Jerusalem.
Holiday music will be performed by The Voluntaires Choir and the McKelvie Middle School Choir of Bedford.
A creche is a representation of the birth of Jesus Christ in a stable at Bethlehem.
St. Francis of Assisi is credited with creating the first nativity scene, meant to worship Jesus Christ.
"We were delighted that more than 300 people attended last year's event," Scott Earnshaw, Bedford resident and co-chairman of the event said "We certainly appreciate the number of people in the church and the broader community who are willing to lend us creches and decorate the display hall for the occasion."
Musical performances throughout the weekend will include Linda Rose of Goffstown on the violin. Children and families are invited to dress up in nativity costumes for photo shoots.
There is always a nice cross-pollination of members from other church communities celebrating the weekend, said Earnshaw. "Overall, this is just a great community interfaith event."
For more information visit: crechecookiesandcarol2012.eventbrite.com.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 34
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 24
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 68
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
- Playing chicken: Treating voters like idiots - 0
- Perry’s indictment: An abuse of the legal system - 24
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 1
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate